Hello my fellow readers,
You’re there! You’ve written this amazing book, it’s been edited, you’ve added your cover photo, you’ve set up your book with all the extra pieces it needs and now it’s time to actually put it out there!
It may seem daunting but I promise it’s pretty easy peasy. You can do it!
First got to https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/ and sign into your amazon account. Don’t have one? No worries all you need is a name and email to set one up!
When you click on the link above there is a brief video you can watch (I recommend doing so!). When the video is done scroll down and click on the words lit up in blue “Learn how it’s easy.”
From there all you have to do is follow the steps. Here are some items that would be good to know or have before you start.
- Account information- Where do you want your money to be deposited? *wiggles eyebrows*
- Tax information (just basic, name social and if a company EIN)
- Have your content ready to be uploaded (Cover photo and your manuscript)
- Have the summary of your book that is 4,000 characters or less ready to go.
- Keywords- you get 7 but you don’t have to use all 7. These words can’t repeat what is already in your book summary. You can always adjust these later or add if you’re not sure of 7 to begin with.
- Category- You only get 2 so choose well and these can always be changed later.
- Distribution- Are you good with everyone around the world having access to your book or do you want only select areas have access to your book?
- Also there is a section called Digital Rights Management (DMR), where you can protect your book so no one can share it’s information and no one can just take your book. Even if you select yes to protect your book you can still allow people to share your book for a 14 day span and it allows people to buy your book as a gift for someone else.
- Price listing and Royalties is the fun part. It’s pretty straight forward you can sell your book for less than 2.99 and get 35% royalties on each book you sell or you can sell it for 2.99 or more and get 35% or 70% royalties back per book. You get to decide.
- Finally decide if you would like your book to be part of KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) Select. This means an Amazon customer is part of the Kindle Unlimited program or their Lending Library. Each month that customer pays Amazon each month to read as many books as they like that are part of that program. If you choose to be part of the program you get for the amount of pages that customer finishes.
So for example if I am selling my book for $0.99 and a customer buys my book I’ll see only $0.35 back in royalties but if someone on kindle unlimited downloads my book for free and finishes it I will see $0.70 back. However, if they only finish half the book I will only see $0.35.
I know that seems like a lot of information but Amazon does an amazing job walking you through every step and giving guidance. This article gives you a jumping off point and an idea of what to expect in the process. Any additional questions you have will be in the above link. However if you get lost or not sure about something, leave a comment and I’ll try to help you out! For me to get through all the set up information took me no more than 20 minutes and that was with a crying baby in my arms.
It can take up to 3 days before you see your book on Amazon. You’re book will be going through a back end review process of checking to make sure your book meets all the requirements that Amazon has laid out.
Still with me? Okay great! Next week I’ll be showing you how to track the health of your book.
Hello you fantastic people you! Below is the written step by step guide on how to set up a “clickable” table of contents but “Video School Online” does a great youtube video on it. Click here to watch the video.
Step 1 High light the title of your chapter
Step 2 Under the “Home” tab in the “Styles” box select the heading that you want and click on it. If after you click on through each style of headings and you don’t like any no worries just select any random heading and change the font like you would normally would by highlighting it and using the “Font” box to make changes. The important piece of this step is just to make sure it’s changed into a “Heading.”
Step 3 Go to your table of contents and highlight the first chapter title you want to make “Clickable.”
Step 4 Click on “Hyperlink” on the “Insert” tab.
Step 5 Then select “Place this Document”- Expand “Headings” and select your first chapter title you want the reader to be taken to. You can change the way this looks to but I recommend not doing so because then it might not look “Clickable” to the reader.
Step 6 Click “Okay” and your good to go!
I hope that helps you!
Hey my motivated readers!
You’re visiting my blog today because you want to make money. Some how. Preferably quick and easy. Believe me, I get it!
If you enjoy writing perhaps writing is the way to do it. Below is an outline of each step I’m taking to get Published and links for more details on each step.
- Write your book. No matter if it’s fact or fiction write it. From there I can help you.
- Format your word document. Click here for more details.
- Next get a cover photo made. Click here for how I did it but know there are other options which I will expand on later.
- Make sure to get your grammar checked from start to finish.
- Creating a “Clickable” table of contents- Click here to walk through this.
- Publish your book on KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) Click here to learn more!
These are the basic steps to get yourself up and running to get your book published. Be sure to stay tuned to learn how to get people to find your book and how to get it sold!
Also check out my facebook page to get sneak peeks at other books I’m writing.
Be sure to also check out my Author page here on Amazon.
Thank you for any and all your support! And trust me if I can do you so can you! Got stuck somewhere? Leave a comment and let’s figure it out together! Let’s help each other out!
Hello ladies and gentleman. Have you ever wanted to make extra money on the side and spend next to nothing to do it? Yeah, me too.
There are a lot of suggestions out there on how to do that. Through this blog I am going to try several different things and report back to you on what worked and what didn’t and tell you why. I want you to walk with me through my journey on trying to make some money on the side.
The first thing I am experimenting with is writing. I have always enjoyed writing and reading so that seemed like the most natural place to start first.
I searched the internet to see what was the easiest way to get published and of course Amazon is the answer! In my upcoming blogs you’ll learn how to set up a word document so it’s ready to go for kindle, all the way up to how to check your sales. For now I’m staying away from paperbacks but may add them later. I’ll share with you my successes as well as my fails.
This is an exciting time in our lives where it doesn’t cost much to start something up, so why not try something new? I work in the banking industry as my day job and I’m frequently asked, “What are you passionate about? What excites you?” I feel like I should have the perfect answer and know exactly what to say but honestly I don’t. For me, I would have to try everything in banking to tell you exactly what excites me the most about it and currently I’ve only touched a small corner of it. At this time I can tell you I am passionate about doing something for the right reasons and doing something well. However, I couldn’t tell you what area of banking is my favorite or which project is my favorite; all I could tell you is I want to try it all!
However, all this lead me to thinking to “what if I could make money another way? What if I could be my own boss? Even if it’s just part time on the side by myself.” This thought excites me but what would I be passionate about? Where to begin?! I figured I can start small something I could do on the side and work my way up, make new friends and learn what their skills are.
Just as a FYI there maybe random DIY projects thrown in here because I do enjoy dabbling in those as well. I’m the kind of person that gets something in their head and doesn’t stop thinking about it but never follows through with it for this reason or that. However, I want to now be the person that finishes things and when I do, I want to share it with someone that has the same interests as I do and have a conversation with you about it.
I believe everyone is an expert at something and everyone has something to share. I know with being a wife and a mother to 2 little girls a little extra cash couldn’t hurt anything and who knows what I’ll be good at until I’ve tried it and if it turns out to be easy maybe you can do it to! And if I fail perhaps you can learn from my mistakes or you can guide me on what I did wrong.
Okay that’s the end of my Spiel. Until next time…