Hey there my Entrepreneurs!
Now that I’ve walked you through how to get published on Amazon you’re probably wondering “What’s next?,” “What else can I do to get my book noticed?”
I found creating an Author page helped. Just click this link. Then at the top there is a “Author Page” Tab. Click it and start filling out the boxes. Then click save after you’ve edited each box. Yup, it’s just that easy!
Just a couple of tips.
- Hardest part is figuring out your RSS for a URL if you want to link your blog to your author page. For wordpress.com users just use your domain link and add “/feed/rss/” to the end of it. For other blogs I would suggest doing a quick Google search that specifically relates to the blogging site you use.
- This makes it so that readers can follow you. Amazon doesn’t release how many followers you have though. So sure you can click it and know you have at least one person but Amazon will not release how many follows you have. I tried to find out why that is and it seems to be some big mystery that no one can solve. I think that’s pretty silly but Meh…at the end of the day having a bunch of followers isn’t my goal. It’s having paying customers.
Be sure to comment below on your experience setting up an Author page on Amazon and any tips and tricks you might have.
Hello my fellow readers,
You’re there! You’ve written this amazing book, it’s been edited, you’ve added your cover photo, you’ve set up your book with all the extra pieces it needs and now it’s time to actually put it out there!
It may seem daunting but I promise it’s pretty easy peasy. You can do it!
First got to https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/ and sign into your amazon account. Don’t have one? No worries all you need is a name and email to set one up!
When you click on the link above there is a brief video you can watch (I recommend doing so!). When the video is done scroll down and click on the words lit up in blue “Learn how it’s easy.”
From there all you have to do is follow the steps. Here are some items that would be good to know or have before you start.
- Account information- Where do you want your money to be deposited? *wiggles eyebrows*
- Tax information (just basic, name social and if a company EIN)
- Have your content ready to be uploaded (Cover photo and your manuscript)
- Have the summary of your book that is 4,000 characters or less ready to go.
- Keywords- you get 7 but you don’t have to use all 7. These words can’t repeat what is already in your book summary. You can always adjust these later or add if you’re not sure of 7 to begin with.
- Category- You only get 2 so choose well and these can always be changed later.
- Distribution- Are you good with everyone around the world having access to your book or do you want only select areas have access to your book?
- Also there is a section called Digital Rights Management (DMR), where you can protect your book so no one can share it’s information and no one can just take your book. Even if you select yes to protect your book you can still allow people to share your book for a 14 day span and it allows people to buy your book as a gift for someone else.
- Price listing and Royalties is the fun part. It’s pretty straight forward you can sell your book for less than 2.99 and get 35% royalties on each book you sell or you can sell it for 2.99 or more and get 35% or 70% royalties back per book. You get to decide.
- Finally decide if you would like your book to be part of KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) Select. This means an Amazon customer is part of the Kindle Unlimited program or their Lending Library. Each month that customer pays Amazon each month to read as many books as they like that are part of that program. If you choose to be part of the program you get for the amount of pages that customer finishes.
So for example if I am selling my book for $0.99 and a customer buys my book I’ll see only $0.35 back in royalties but if someone on kindle unlimited downloads my book for free and finishes it I will see $0.70 back. However, if they only finish half the book I will only see $0.35.
I know that seems like a lot of information but Amazon does an amazing job walking you through every step and giving guidance. This article gives you a jumping off point and an idea of what to expect in the process. Any additional questions you have will be in the above link. However if you get lost or not sure about something, leave a comment and I’ll try to help you out! For me to get through all the set up information took me no more than 20 minutes and that was with a crying baby in my arms.
It can take up to 3 days before you see your book on Amazon. You’re book will be going through a back end review process of checking to make sure your book meets all the requirements that Amazon has laid out.
Still with me? Okay great! Next week I’ll be showing you how to track the health of your book.
Hey my Beautiful Readers!
Starting Wednesday you can download my book for free! It runs from August 29th and ends on Sept 2nd!
Be sure to download a copy and keep “The Dark Duke”
Click here to download for FREE.
Support other people like me and checkout their free books to download as well by clicking HERE.
Hey my motivated readers!
You’re visiting my blog today because you want to make money. Some how. Preferably quick and easy. Believe me, I get it!
If you enjoy writing perhaps writing is the way to do it. Below is an outline of each step I’m taking to get Published and links for more details on each step.
- Write your book. No matter if it’s fact or fiction write it. From there I can help you.
- Format your word document. Click here for more details.
- Next get a cover photo made. Click here for how I did it but know there are other options which I will expand on later.
- Make sure to get your grammar checked from start to finish.
- Creating a “Clickable” table of contents- Click here to walk through this.
- Publish your book on KDP (Kindle Direct Publishing) Click here to learn more!
These are the basic steps to get yourself up and running to get your book published. Be sure to stay tuned to learn how to get people to find your book and how to get it sold!
Also check out my facebook page to get sneak peeks at other books I’m writing.
Be sure to also check out my Author page here on Amazon.
Thank you for any and all your support! And trust me if I can do you so can you! Got stuck somewhere? Leave a comment and let’s figure it out together! Let’s help each other out!